Lately, I’ve been asked to bring back some serious bootie burning sets: this week, I’ll give you just that! Already pre-approved by the bootcamp team this am, these exercises are bound to give you that good sore feeling the next couple of days. Glutes, hamstrings, and quads are the major focus areas.
The team started with a warmup session with three stations:
- TRX Squat Jumps
- Pushups (faster than your usual for effect)
- Alternating side lunges right/left with a weight pushed forward in the most lateral position of your ROM (weight held in both hands, then pushed straight out from chest until arms are fully extended)
Format of cardio block:
- 45 seconds on, 10 seconds off (just enough time to switch to the next exercise)
- When finished with all three stations, take a longer break (about 1 minute, or as little as possible)
- Go trough this set 3 times (or more!)
We divided up the above 8 strength stations into the first 4 and the second 4 exercises. Each exercise was 2 rounds (right/left for exercises 1 through 5, two sets of the same in exercises 6 through 8). Each round lasted 1 minute with 15 seconds in between for rest. Between the exercises, they got 30 seconds to switch to the next exercise. When they were done with the first 4 exercises, they got 2 minutes total to recover before finishing off the last 4 exercises.
See you for this workout in the near future!